bdh Tax is a firm of registered tax agents with offices in the UK and in Australia.
We specialise in delivering tax solutions in the UK and in Australia for individuals who are moving to Australia, or who are already living in one country and who have tax issues to deal with in the other.
We also help businesses in the UK or in Australia that require assistance setting up and registering in the other country, and with end of year matters – for example the preparation of accounts and tax returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs in the UK, and to the Australian Taxation Office in Australia.
If you are a person with tax planning or compliance issues in the UK and in Australia we are ideally placed to help you.
Our Fees are Fixed and Agreed in Advance.
bdh Tax provides tax and accounting services to individuals and to businesses in many areas, including:
- Tax planning, including advising on residency status in the UK and Australia, the structuring of investments, and pensions and superannuation in the UK and Australia.
- Guidance for non-UK residents receiving UK rental income, non-UK residents receiving pension income from the UK, and Tax File Number registration in Australia.
- Preparation of UK and Australian tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce the tax payable). All tax returns are submitted to HM Revenue and the Australian Taxation Office electronically.
- Advice on the provisions of the Tax Treaty between the UK and Australia, to ensure income is not taxed twice, and is taxed in the right country. This is particularly relevant to the taxation of pension income.
- Capital gains tax planning in the UK and Australia when an investment – such as a property – in one country is being sold by a resident of the other.
- Estate planning, including a consideration of tax domicile, inheritance tax in the UK, and capital gains tax in Australia.
- Advice on business structures and setting up businesses in Australia and the UK, including establishing family trusts in Australia, incorporating a limited company in Australia or in the UK, and registering the business with the tax authorities.
- Winding up a business tax efficiently when you change the country in which you are living.
- Tax advice relating to the transfer of UK pension benefits to an Australian superannuation fund.
- Setting up a Self Managed Superannuation Fund in Australia, and ongoing compliance relating to the same, such as the preparation of Trust Minutes, the annual accounts of the Fund, and the annual tax return for delivery to the Australian Taxation Office.
If you have a need for assistance with any of the above please complete the enquiry form on this page.
We’ll be delighted to have a no obligation initial chat about how we can help, after which we can send details of our fixed fees to you.