Moving to New Zealand from Australia often means a continuing obligation to prepare and submit Australian tax returns – for example, if you have a property in Australia that is being let following your move.
bdh Tax offers the following tax services to those who have moved to New Zealand from Australia:
- Tax planning advice in Australia, including a review of your Australian tax residency position
- Help preparing Australian tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability); whenever possible tax returns are submitted to the Australian Taxation Office electronically
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes a consideration of provisions of the Tax Treaty between Australia and New Zealand
- Advice on Australian capital gains tax. This is an increasingly important issue as the impact of capital gains tax in Australia on the sale of (say) an Australian property by a non resident individual can be higher than a disposal by a tax resident of Australia
- Advice on the taxation of estate located in Australia in the context of estate planning
bdh Tax provides a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.
We can assist with the preparation of tax returns for electronic submission to the Australian Taxation Office
If you are moving to New Zealand – or are already living there – and would like a no obligation fixed fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting people such as you please contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage, or telephone us on +61 2 9169 5919 (Sydney, Australia).
We look forward to hearing from you.