bdh Tax can help with the preparation and filing of your UK tax returns through our office in Sydney.
Moving to Sydney from the UK often means a continuing obligation to prepare and submit UK tax returns – for example, if you have a property in the UK that is being let after you move to Australia.
UK tax returns have to be prepared and submitted to HM Revenue & Customs within strict deadlines: tax returns that are submitted late are likely to result in the charging of late filing penalties.
bdh Tax offers the following UK tax services to individuals who are moving to Sydney:
- Tax planning advice in the UK and in Australia, with a regard had to your visa status in Australia if you are not an Australian citizen
- Help preparing UK and Australian tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability); whenever possible tax returns are submitted to HM Revenue & Customs in the UK and the Australian Taxation Office electronically
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes guidance relating to non-UK residents receiving UK rental income, and non-UK residents receiving pension income from the UK
- Advice on UK capital gains tax. This is an increasingly important issue for those who are no longer living in the UK and who are selling a residential property in the UK
- Advice on UK inheritance tax and the issue of your tax domicile status
- Preparation of accounts for taxpayers who are operating their own businesses, including advice on business structures following a move to Australia
bdh Tax provides a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.
We can assist with the preparation of tax returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs in the UK and to the Australian Taxation Office.
If you are moving to Sydney – or are already living in Sydney – and would like a no obligation fixed fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting new arrivals to Sydney please contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage, or telephone us on 02 7200 1610.
We look forward to hearing from you.