Moving to Dubai from the UK often means a continuing obligation to prepare and submit UK tax returns – for example, if you have a property in the UK that is being let following your move.
UK tax returns have to be prepared and submitted to HM Revenue & Customs within strict deadlines: tax returns that are submitted late are likely to result in the charging of late filing penalties.
bdh Tax offers the following UK tax services to expat individuals who are living in Dubai:
- Tax planning advice in the UK
- Help preparing UK tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability); whenever possible tax returns are submitted to HM Revenue & Customs in the UK electronically
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes guidance relating to non-UK residents receiving UK rental income, and non-UK residents receiving pension income from the UK
- Advice on UK capital gains tax. This is an increasingly important issue for those who are no longer living in the UK and who are selling a residential property in the UK
- Advice on UK inheritance tax and the issue of your tax domicile status
bdh Tax provides a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.
We can assist with the preparation of tax returns for electronic submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
If you are moving to Dubai – or are already living in the Middle East – and would like a no obligation fixed fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting expats please contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage, or telephone us on +61 2 7200 1610 (Sydney, Australia) or +44 1372 231 185 (UK).
We look forward to hearing from you.