Moving to Hong Kong from Australia often means a continuing obligation to prepare and submit Australian tax returns – for example, if you have a property in Australia that is being let following your move.
You may also want clarity and comfort about your Australian tax residency status, so your no tax/low tax salary is not taxable in Australia.
bdh Tax offers the following tax services to Australian expats who are living in Hong Kong:
- Tax planning advice in Australia, including a review of your Australian tax residency position
- Help preparing Australian tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability); whenever possible tax returns are submitted to the Australian Taxation Office electronically
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes a consideration of provisions of any applicable Tax Treaties
- Advice on Australian capital gains tax. This is an increasingly important issue as the impact of capital gains tax in Australia on the sale of (say) an Australian property by a non resident individual can be higher than a disposal by a tax resident of Australia
- Advice on the taxation of estate located in Australia in the context of estate planning
bdh Tax provides a fixed fee quote whenever possible to all who are interested in engaging our services.
We can assist with the preparation of tax returns for electronic submission to the Australian Taxation Office
If you are moving to Hong Kong – or are already living in Hong Kong – and would like a no obligation fixed fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting expats please contact us by completing the enquiry form on this webpage, or telephone us on +61 2 7200 1610 (Sydney, Australia).
We look forward to hearing from you.